The word "depuration" means to cleanse or purify. It is the preferred term for the removal of xenobiotics from the body. An "xenobiotic" is a chemical compound such as a drug, pesticide, or carcinogen that is foreign to a living organism. This means that the human body does not produce them, nor are they part of a normal diet.
The levels of xenobiotics are often measured in blood or in fat. This is to first identify them, then to monitor them as they are removed.
Examples of Xenobiotics include:
- Drugs such as antibiotics
- Heavy metals (mercury, lead, cadmium etc.)
- Pesticides (2,4,5,TD or Agent Orange, DDT etc.)
- Benzene, toluene, PCBs, phthalates, dioxin
- Synthetic plastics, styrofoam
- Synthetic hormones (estrogens)
Because the previous list are all foreign, the body has a limited ability to eliminate them on its own. Often the means used to remove the xenobiotics are harsh, exceeding the physiological limits of the body. This is why specialized doctors are required to safely and effectively remove the toxins from your body, as to not create any harm.
We can assess and treat you via the following services:
- IV chelation (DMSA, Calcium EDTA, DMPS etc.)
- Deep heat dry sauna
- Vitamin and Mineral replacement
- Oral administration of xenobiotic binding substances (oral chelation)
Naturopathic doctors are well adapt and clinically experienced at removing toxins from your body with the use of modern natural medicines and techniques. Seek professional advice before trying to remove toxins on your own. Phone our clinic to schedule a visit with our Naturopath on staff whom can help you safely remove the toxins from your body.