Scar tissue can be very unsightly and debilitating to those who have them. Our staff a member who has experienced the aftermath of being a burn victim herself. The process of pain, inflammation, physical and pyscococial healing, along with scar tissue revision therapies have allowed her to regain confidence in herself once again. Even people with acne scars can be safely and effectively treated as well. Scar tissue is a dense network of collagen fibers, a scaffolding of dense tissue. Nonetheless, scar tissue rejuvenation is very difficult and in most skin and dermatology clinics it is a service that is not even offered, unless the docotor has experience and the means to minimize the density of the scar tissue, its appearance, and of course how it functions in the skin itself.
At J'Adore Medispa and Rejuvenation Centre our physician and staff have the experience and the tools to improve the appearance of your scar tissue. We offer the following therapies:
- Microdermabrasion, microdermalinfusion, chemical peels, and silicone all help resurface the appearance of the scar tissue.
- Raised or above surface scar tissue can be exfoliated or fulgurated off the surface of the skin with lasers and electrosurgerical procedure.
- Depressed or puckered skin can be minor surgically undermined or filled in with dermal fillers, to improve the overall appearance of the scar tissue.
- Red or purple striae/scar tissue that is still actively healing can be NDYAG laser treated to match the color tone of your skin.
- Mesotherapy and micordermalinfusion can inject enzymes and minerals into the scar tissue, to soften the density of the scar tissue, also improving its healing capability.
- Corticosteroid injections.
If you or someone has scar tissue and seeks to improve its texture, appearance, and function please call our office and schedule a visit with our naturopathic doctor immediately.